Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
Patients having Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) are treated by Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG). In the coronary artery, disease the patient suffers from a blockage of one or more coronary artery that plays a major role in the supply of oxygen-rich blood to the heart.
In coronary artery bypass grafting a cardiac surgeon or heart surgeon removes the entire blockage and develops a new route (bypass) around the blocked coronary arteries. Dr. Ashish Dolas, a Cardiac surgeon in Pune is famous for bypass surgeries. Bypassing is done with the help of a healthy blood vessel called a graft. These grafts are usually taken from patients own arteries and veins from other parts of the body like the leg, chest, arm, etc. This graft helps in creating a new passage to transmit oxygen-rich blood to the heart.
What is the need for Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery?
This Bypass surgery is performed when a substance called plaque increases inside the coronary arteries and causes the blocking of the blood flow to the heart of the patient or a patient has experienced a minor heart attack. If you feel some symptoms like chest discomfort, then you can go for your check-up as there are many experts or you can go to Dr. Ashish Dolas, a Heart Specialist in Pune.
Heart Surgeons will do the test to find out more details related to blockage whether the patient has coronary artery disease or not. The result of the test will let your doctor consider the status of your heart. If there is any blockage, then the specialist will recommend you for bypass surgery.
In case of emergencies like heart attack, heart specialists will directly recommend CABG without wasting any time to save the life of the patient.
- This surgery is needed to give a patient relief from shortness of breath, chest discomfort, little pain near the heart, and other problem occurring due to it.
- This surgery helps you in returning back to your normal lifestyle and actions.
- It also lowers the risk of hurt attacks in the future or other chronic heart problems.
Cardiac surgery is generally performed beside other heart surgeries like valve surgery.
Different Types of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting:
- Traditional CABG: It is the most popular type of CABG and is done when the procedure is done only on one major artery. During the process, the heart is accessed after the opening of the front chest bone. Working of the heart is stopped on a temporary basis with medicines. The blood and oxygen flow through the body is maintained by using the heart-lung bypass machine, and the surgery is performed under proper surveillance. Blood flow to the heart is allowed after the completion of the surgery, and the heart starts working again.
- Off-Pump CABG: This procedure is almost the same as traditional CABG as the chest bone is opened to access the heart, but the main difference is that no heart-lung bypass machine is used because the heart isn’t stopped in this process.
- Minimally invasive direct coronary CABG: Under this process, the heart is not accessed from the front of the chest bone, but a large incision and small incision are used to open the left side of the chest between the ribs. This type of surgery is not recommended to everybody if there is more than one or two arteries need to be re-routed.
Benefits of CABG Includes:
- Least risk of suffering from a stroke
- Reduces the risk of death
- Instant results
- Less time spent in hospitals
- Effective for the long term
- Reduces the other heart-related problems also
- Safe and budget-friendly procedure.
The above info helps us in understanding a little about Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting, which is helpful to fight with heart-related health issues. The patient should go for this procedure only under the expert surgeons as there is a risk related to a death that can occur. You can directly visit Dr. Ashish Dolas for any heart-related issue. He is the best heart surgeon in Pune.